Monday, September 21, 2009

Ryder visits our Nations Capital

This past weekend Ryder and I went to visit our friends in the DC area. Although I called the post a visit to our nation’s capital, the only time Ryder saw any monuments was from the car and plane windows. Oh well. Btw, he was excellent on both flights, I am so lucky to have such a great traveler!

We spent Friday in Virginia with Sarah and Steph (I totally forgot to take pictures, bummer). We hit up a local restaurant for some dinner and Ryder was a big hit. The host was actually sitting at our table holding the baby at one point…not to mention fighting the hostess for him. (Surprise surprise) they just could get over his hair.

Saturday was game day. We had a small tailgate with friends from the area (Crones, Lanes, Archer, Sarah) and cheered on the Terps. We did not cheer loud enough, the Terps ended up losing in the final seconds (much like K-State last week and the Steelers this week...I may hate field goals.)

Special thanks to Uncle Mikey and James and Fumi Franklin for the tickets and parking passes.  I was really glad Ryder got a chance to meet Coach Franklin.  Ryder even spent the first half of the game in Coach Franklin's office...trying to take a nap. Thanks James!

We got some fun pictures from the tailgate; including one with the Terps’ mascot and Ryder first sip of beer (we did not actually let him sip the beer). I am going to try and add my mom’s pictures from this week. She had some great ones.

One more “big event” happened this weekend, but we will save that for our next post!


Mom - I am not too sure about this thing.


Ryder tailgating (Nate Archer, Jess and Jon Lane)


What is this???


Sure, I'll help myself to a taste.  Thanks Nate.


Tom Crone and Ryder


Pup Pup and Ryder watching football

Hi Granny, want to watch some football?

No comments: