Monday, February 2, 2009

World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers


Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers on a record 6 Super Bowl wins!

Last night was amazing. It was stressful, but fun. I was happy that our party was very small, just Ricky and I (and of course…the dogs).

The day started off early and I just could not get back to sleep. I was too excited. I spent the morning watching ESPN and switched over the NBC when coverage was over. I was glad to see the fun stories on the terrible towel and the nice tribute to Myron Cope. It was also great to see Obama out there supporting the Steelers. Way to go Pres!

I was a little let down by Rod Woodson who picked Arizona, but the reporters, former Steelers and all the Steelers fans were there to support. My dad was among the many Steelers fan that made the trek to Tampa. Way to Go Dad!!

Although, we did not make it to Tampa. We had Steelers' balloons up outside the house and a Steelers’ victory cake ready to go. We were dressed by 10am with excitement building.


Picture taking started early. The dogs were pretty annoyed before the game even started. Yogi does not fit into any Steelers stuff I own, so we resorted to him just having a terrible towel. It worked. Great for his drooling.



x
Ricky was at work till about 4, made it home in time to take a nap ad get up for game time. Yogi did the wake up call.



Special shout out to the NYC crew who we cheered with during the game. Wish we could have been there. Also, an extra special shout out to the Crone's who had Iron City at their Super Bowl party! Nicely done!

The game was off to an awesome start and we spent the rest of the night cheering. Enjoy the pictures. By the way, check out my sweet shirt!



No comments: