Thursday, April 1, 2010

Yogi & Me



I officially own the largest Marley (Marley & Me). I need to start writing down the terrible things Yogi does on a daily basis. Just to give you guys a quick glimpse into a 24 hour stay with Yogi. Last night was beautiful, Ryder and I decide to take a walk to the park. We are gone almost two hours, but the dogs have already been fed and let out, they should be relaxing. Not my Yogi…he managed to jump through the front screen window (destroying our screen in the process), out into our front yard. Luckily, he is lazy and I found him sitting on the back deck. Thank goodness he did not decide to take a tour of our neighborhood, he is a pretty big beastly looking dog these days and would easily scare most folks! No real casualties here…except the window screen.

So, today I forgot my cell phone at home. I managed to pick it up at 11:15am, I let out the dogs and decided that since I will be back for lunch (in 45 minutes), I can leave Yogi upstairs…all windows closed. Seems I was wrong. I got home at noon and Yogi’s seizure pills were all over the kitchen floor. He managed to eat 60 of them (not good) along with some Benadryl, a cardboard box, gum and some other things that were on the kitchen counter. At this point I freak, he now has 54,000 mg of potassium bromide in his system. I rush him to the vet where they proceed to pump his stomach. I leave him there and head back to work.

He has been at the vet for about an hour when I get a call…”so far Yogi has thrown up a sock, underwear, a sponge and tin foil????” in the spirit of April Fool’s day, I ask if they found anything valuable…who knows?? The vet tells me, clearly disgusted with my care for animals, I need to keep a better eye on Yogi. If only he knew I love this dog more than I like most people. Oh well, I am mortified.

Another day with Yogi has past…what will happen tomorrow.

No comments: