Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mother’s Day – Better late than Never

This mother’s day Ricky and I were apart, so we both tried to make it to our own homes and enjoying the company of our families. Ricky lucked out that his recruiting brought him to Colorado right around that time. I knew he would be away and made plans to head to Pittsburgh. I don’ believe I have been back to the Burgh since mid-December. I miss my other black dog!

My dad was a busy guy and his work kept him in Houston, TX. Not to worry though, we will see him in July for our family vacation. It was basically a girls weekend in Pittsburgh, although Mikey was there. Of course, girls weekend for Mother’s day is pretty fitting. We shopped and visited with family on Saturday and Sunday and we did the annual Race for the Cure early Sunday morning. Unfortunately all the running around left my mom a little under the weather. We spent most of Sunday relaxing and then I was back to Kansas late Sunday night.

I should have taken some pictures, but I forgot. More later!

No comments: